Register Now for Our Panel Discussion on the Role of eConsults in Improving Access to Specialty Healthcare.
The United States is home to over 74 million Medicaid enrollees who disproportionately experience obstacles to obtaining timely, high-quality specialty expertise. Even for patients covered by commercial insurance, speciality appointment wait times can be weeks, if not months, despite the fact that over 40% of such visits could have been managed in the primary care setting. This discussion will focus on eConsults, an innovative practice spearheaded by academic medical centers and health plans throughout the country to bridge the specialist divide and leverage technology in an era of uncertainty. This webinar panel will focus on key questions regarding the value and implementation of eConsults:
- What is the current landscape of specialist access and how are conventional interventions performing?
- What are specialty eConsults and what are appropriate clinical use cases?
- What impacts have been seen at both a clinical and population level?
- What do groups need to have in place in order to be successful in implementing eConsults? Is there a secret?
- How do eConsults and telehealth more broadly fit into the evolving regulatory and policy landscape? How should these interactions be structured?
ᐧThe panel discussion will feature the Medical Director of BWH Innovation Hub at Brigham and Women's Hospital Jeff Greenberg, University of California at San Francisco’s Director of the Center for Primary Care Excellence Nwando Olayiwola, and former CEO and Chairman Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida Bob Lufrano.
Moderated by Carl Bouthillette, Senior Program Officer, Health Innovation Fund at the California Health Care Foundation (@chcfinnovations). CHCF informs policymakers and industry leaders, invests in innovations and connects with changemakers to create a more responsive, patient-centered health care system.